Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney Tips
If you have been in an accident on a motorcycle, then you need the expert help of a Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney from the law firm of Carter Wolden Curtis.
Because of the unprotected nature of a motorcycle, accidents often result in very serious injuries or death. In addition, this area of the law has become increasingly complex. That is why it is very important to contact an experienced lawyer who specializes in this area.
Our firm has a Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer who has won many motorcycle cases and has special training and certifications to deal with motorcycle accidents. We can have your case fast tracked, often having the case settled out of court, securing damages for injury, distress, loss of wages, medical costs, and other expenses.
Post Accident Procedures
To have a better chance of getting compensation, it is important to do certain things immediately following the accident wherever possible. Although this may not always be possible if any injuries are too severe, you should try to stay calm and follow these post-accident procedures:
Remain at the scene of the accident.
- Call the police immediately, or have someone call them for you.
- Give all the details to the police as soon as the officers arrive.
- Get the name, badge number, and report number and if possible, a copy of the report from the officer.
- Get the name of the other driver involved, their license number, and personal and insurance details.
- Ask details about what any witnesses present saw, and get their names and contact info.
- Take photos to document the scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel like you are not injured.
- Contact your insurance agent and let them know that you’ve been involved in an accident.
- Seek the legal assistance of a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
- Write a detailed account as soon as you can after the accident before you forget the details.
Carter Wolden Curtis provides comprehensive personal injury law services. We do not charge fees until we secure a favorable verdict. Contact us today for a free initial consultation at 916-567-1111 or email info@CWCLawfirm.com.
For more information on our areas of service, Sacramento, Roseville, Bay Area, Elk Grove, and all of California, click here.